Keeping the colon clean is vitally important to ensuring that you don’t contract illnesses like irritable bowl syndrome or diabetes. The foods listed below help cleansing the colon naturally:
- Raspberry: Rich with vitamin C that helps the body fight infectious diseases that affect the colon.
- Prunes: Prevents constipation and improves the health of the colon because of the high amount of dietary fiber.
- Bananas: Keep you regular and one a day gives you 10% of your daily requirement for fiber.
- Broccoli: Contains three glucosinolate phytonutrients: glucoraphanin, gluconasturtiian, and glucobrassicin that aid in the body’s natural detoxification system essential to colon health.
- Beans: High in proteins, antioxidants, fiber, B vitamins, and many other essential nutrients that have a positive effect on colon health.
- Celery: Contains a high amount of dietary fiber and a flavonoid called luteolin that helps prevent colon cancer.
- Whole Grains: Reduces the risk of colon cancer and helps with weight management.
- Spinach: Helps keep a person regular because of the high amount of fiber and water.
- Carrots: Eating carrots (though not baby carrots) can prevent colon cancer because of the high levels of beta-carotene.
- Sweet Potatoes: A great source of color-pigmented vitamins, which give Sweet Potatoes anti-inflammatory benefits ensuring healthy colon.
- Cantaloupe: High in fiber and vitamin C, which promote regularity and colon health.
- Chia Seeds: An excellent source of dietary fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, which help ensure the colon is clean.
- Lemon: They alkalize the body, boost immunity and prevent illnesses that affect the colon and increase the rate of digestion.
- Avocado: Rich in B-complex vitamins that help your cells obtain the fuel they need to function properly
- Spirulina: This can increase the strength of the immune cells in the digestive tract and prevent any infection in the colon.
Eating these foods on a regular basis will help ensure that the colon remains clean. Incorporation of these foods into your diet will not only have positive effects on the colon, they will also help you live a healthier and happier life.