- Start a vegetarian meal planning. Vegetarian foods are usually low in fat and calories but rich in fiber.
- You should take at least 7-10 glasses of fluids everyday. Water, fresh fruits and vegetable juice, herbal tea, or vegetable broth work fine. Drinking enough fluids give you a feeling of fullness and it also helps cleansing your body of toxic substances that accumulate as you burn fat. Drinking a lot during food intake is not recommended.
- Take small meals several times (might be six) instead of taking large meals three times a day. It will help you preventing unhealthy snacks taking interest between meals which is one of the main reasons of fat accumulation.
- Storing unhealthy snacks home is not wise anyway, prevent yourself from temptation of such type of foods.
- Practice routine exercising.
- Giving concentration in taking food may help you to sticking with your plan. Doing other thing like watching movies while you eat will take away the consciousness of enjoying foods. Food taking slowly might help here as a psychology therapy. Do not take a large amount of food driven by sudden emotion, remember your diet planning.
- Soda drinks and marketed juices are not helpful in weight management, you can better try herbal tea.
The aim of any ideal herbal weight management program should have three points to focus on that can promote healthy, long term weight loss.
- thermogenic fat burning
- appetite suppression and
- antioxidant effect
- Research paper: Comparative effectiveness of plant-based diets for weight loss: A randomized controlled trial of five different diets
- Research paper: The effects of water and non-nutritive sweetened beverages on weight loss during a 12-week weight loss treatment program
- Research paper: Value of Structured Meals for Weight Management: Risk Factors and Long-Term Weight Maintenance
- Research paper: Reduction in Obesity and Related Comorbid Conditions after Diet-Induced Weight Loss or Exercise-Induced Weight Loss in Men: A Randomized, Controlled Trial