Natural Liver Cleansing Recipe 3: Green Detox Soup
This soup is a rich source of iron because of the leafy green vegetables. This recipe also supports with detoxification and weight loss. The ingredients also assist with preventing certain cancers. It also helps with diabetes and boosts the immunity.
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup of greens of your choice ( kale or spinach)
- 2 cups water
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon nuts
- Heat up coconut oil in a deep pot and place the onion, garlic, carrot, celery sticks, parsnip and broccoli. Braise these ingredients on low to medium heat for a few minutes.
- Pour the water into the pot and cover. Allow it to simmer, stirring occasionally and gently.
- Add the kale or spinach into a blender along with the chia seeds, lemon juice and coconut milk. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Add this mixture to the soup and stir.
- Garnish with the nuts.
The is much to gain from this recipe besides detoxification. This ingredients in this recipe is also good for the brain and helps promotes the health of your bones. The broccoli is also good for sun burnt skin and it maintains good vision.
Get the other 9 similar liver cleansing recipes here: