Natural Liver Cleansing Recipe 5: Detox Soup with Roasted Vegetables
This recipe is not only delicious but has many health benefits too. It assists with maintaining a healthy liver and kidneys. It improves digestion, eye health, it reduces the risk of strokes and it also assists with certain cancers. This recipe also contains potassium.liverll
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato, cut in cubes and peeled
- 1 onion, chopped in quarters
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1-2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth, warm
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup red lentils, cooked
- 1 inch piece ginger, grated and peeled
- 1 teaspoon coconut milk
- A little parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 160 “C”.
- Prepare an oven proof dish.
- Place the carrots, parsnip, sweet potato, onion and garlic.
- Drizzle the coconut oil over along with the turmeric, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Mix up everything together well.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven once it is cooked and allow it to cool.
- Place the cooled vegetables, red lentils, vegetable broth and ginger into a blender.
- Blend this mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer it into a serving bowl and drizzle the coconut milk over and garnish with the parsley.
This recipe is very unique and special because of the roasted vegetables in the soup. This recipe is also excellent for the skin, dental care and maintaining the blood sugar levels. It also assists with high blood pressure, inflammation and constipation.
Get the other 9 similar liver cleansing recipes here: