Book review: Introduction to Clinical Nutrition, Third Edition discusses the physiologic and metabolic interrelationships of all nutrients and their roles in health maintenance and the prevention of various diseases.
Designed as a textbook for students in conventional medicine, osteopathy, dentistry, dietetics, nursing, pharmacy, and public health, the book focuses on the critical biochemical and physiological aspects of nutrients. It includes clinical case studies to clarify topics at the end of most chapters and references to facilitate further study.
What’s new in this edition ?
New and revised topics include:
- Fiber, antioxidants, nutraceuticals, alternative medicine, and epidemiology
- DNA, gene–nutrient interaction, epigenetics, and telomeres
- Nutritional aspects of kidney disease, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome
- Personalized nutrition and personalized medicine
- Vegetarianism, the Mediterranean diet, and other popular dietary practices
- Obesity and cholesterol
Bibliographical data of Introduction to Clinical Nutrition 3rd edition
- Author: Vishwanath Sardesai
- Year : 2011
- Title: Introduction to Clinical Nutrition
- Place Published: Florida, USA
- Publisher: CRC press
- Number of Pages: 704
- Edition: 3rd
- ISBN: 9781439818183
- Buy: Get it on Amazon
People also look for on the web: introduction to clinical nutrition sardesai, clinical nutrition books free download, introduction to clinical nutrition 3rd edition free pdf download