Diabetes and Balanced Diet
When you have got some disease, it becomes very difficult for you to make a choice for the food as every disease has some specific diet plans. Same is the case with the diabetes. To plan a diet chart by keeping in mind the health of yours is not an easy task as some foods are better in diabetes and others are worst for you. So to take the good foods as a diet, you must follow the diet guide or take the prescription from the doctor.
By eating the balanced diet and healthy foods for diabetes, you can definitely prevent the diabetes and its consequences. By taking a balanced and nutrient dense diet, you will be able to boost more energy and as a result you will feel healthy and more powerful. I am going to tell you about some of the secrets about preventing the diabetes and to live a normal and healthy life.
Taking Control of Diabetes through Diet:
- When it comes to take control of Diabetes, the first thing that one should do is to maintain a healthy recommended weight. According to surveys and the doctors, losing almost 5-10 % weight from your existing weight can reduce a considerable amount of your blood glucose level. Besides losing glucose level from your blood, it also helps you to reduce the blood pressure and also the hypertension. You can reduce your body weight by taking healthy diet like eating lean proteins with the excess of dietary fibers and low fat dairy products.
- The second thing for controlling the diabetes is to take the right diet. Eating right diet is very important for the patient of diabetes. Healthy balanced diet helps you to reduce the risk of other consequences that may arise due to diabetes like heart stroke, and other kidney diseases.
- Healthy diet for diabetics includes a wide variety of food like:
- Lots of grains and fibers.
- Fresh vegetables
- Lean meat (without fat)
- Products made up of corns
- Fresh fruits with high vitamins and fibers and low sugars
- Low fat dairy products
- The other most important thing in controlling the diabetes is to do the workout regularly. Having a regular physical exercise helps you to:
- Lower the blood glucose level
- Better cholesterol level
- Decreased risk of stroke
- Less body fats
- More energy
- Reduced stress levels
- Avoid the diet containing gluten protein to help controlling the symptoms of diabetes. According to the American Association of Diabetes, most of the people suffering from diabetes also have the celiac disease that is caused by gluten. So try to avoid taking gluten diet.
You must consider the doctor or your dietitian before sticking to any diet. They can help you with your diet plans and to do away with diabetes only through the proper diet.