Whilst some women have pregnancy easy, some suffer. One of the most common symptoms during pregnancy, during the first trimester is nausea. Also known as “morning sickness”. Some women experience nausea shortly after awakening, whilst some might be feeling nausea throughout the day.
What Causes Nausea During Pregnancy?
What to Eat During the First Trimester
- Complex carbohydrates: Fresh fruit and vegetables, whole grain breads and cereals.
- Iron: Leafy greens that are packed with Iron such as spinach, kale and lettuce.
- Protein: Eggs, milk, cheese, lean meat and nuts.
What Foods to Avoid
- Raw eggs
- Raw seafood
- Caffeine and alcohol
- Unpasteurized cheese and milk
- Oily foods can aggravate nausea, so rather avoid it.
Some other Tips to Alleviate Nausea
- Eat small meals during pregnancy, it will alleviate nausea and prevent heartburn.
- When you wake up in the morning, try eating some crackers. Dry foods also assist with nausea.
- Snack on nuts and dried fruits.