6 out of 10 people list improving some form of their physical health as their new years resolution, yet nearly 1.6 million new cancer cases are expected in 2013 in the united states alone. Most of these cancers are preventable with a change in our lifestyle and habits.
Few Facts about Cancer in Present Time
- 77% Of all cancers are diagnosed in people ages 55 and older.
- Cancer ranks 2nd only to heart disease for the leading cause of death. Accounts for 1/4 deaths.
- 5% of a ll cancers are hereditary in nature. This is usually a result of damaged genes.
- 1/3 – 1/4 cancer cases will be caused by overweight or obesity, physical inactivity, and poor nutrition.
- California experienced 25,360 cases in 2013, that is the highest number of breast cancer cases among the states of USA.
A substantial portion of Cancers could be prevented
The Gerson Therapy uses intensive detoxification to eliminate wastes, regenerate the liver, reactivate the immune system and restore the body’s essential defenses – enzyme, mineral and hormone systems. With generous, high-quality nutrition, increased oxygen availability, detoxification, and improved metabolism, the cells – and the body – can regenerate, become healthy and prevent future illness. These superfoods are just some of the cancer-fighting foods that can be consumed on a regular basis to fight the development of cancer cells.
Strawberries are rich in antioxidants known to fight cancer. Suggested 1-cup a day for cancer-fighting benefits.
Artichokes have 3 different cancer-fighting chemicals. Enjoy 1/4 cup of artichoke per day.
Flounder Rich in omega-3 fatty acids and low in mercury. eating three 6-ounce servings a week is ideal.
Cooked Tomatoes are full of cancer-fighting properties. By heating a tomato verses eating raw, the molecule lycopene is more readily available to your body after heating.
This type of Chinese cabbage contains brassinin, a powerful cancer-fighter. Brassinin is also found in cauliflower and Brussels sprouts. Bok Choy should be eaten 3 times per week. in 1/2 cup servings to obtain its full benefits.
- American Institute for Cancer Research – Foods That Fight Cancer?
- Tomatoes, Tomato-Based Products, Lycopene, and Cancer: Review of the Epidemiologic Literature
- Protection Against Esophageal Cancer in Rodents With Lyophilized Berries: Potential Mechanisms
- Artichoke polyphenols induce apoptosis and decrease the invasive potential of the human breast cancer cell line MDA-MB231.
- Evidence of p53 mutation in an early stage of liver cancer in European flounder, Platichthys flesus (L.).
- Bok choy and broccoli may boost breast cancer survival