Your liver is one of the most vital organs in the body and so to ensure the liver is able to do its job, consuming foods that cleanse the liver is essential. A healthy liver is key to having more energy and a higher metabolism.
- Garlic: contains high levels of allicin and selenium, which are two natural components that aid in liver cleansing
- Grapefruit: high levels of vitamin C and antioxidants, which help the natural processes that cleanse the liver naturally
- Beets: high levels of plant-flavonoids, eating these naturally increases the functioning of the liver
- Carrots: beta-carotene is an essential nutrient that helps increase the overall function of the liver
- Green Tea: packed with plant antioxidants known as catechins that help the liver naturally cleanse itself
- Leafy Green Vegetables: plant chlorophylls remove the environmental toxins from both the liver and the blood stream
- Avocado: helps the body produce glutathione, an essential component that allows the body to detoxify the liver
- Apples: high in pectin, helps the digestive tract clear out harmful toxins, which aids in liver function
- Olive Oil: provides a lipid base for the body to cleanse the liver
- Quinoa: ensures that the body takes in fewer toxins so liver function is improved
- Millet: for those who suffer from gluten sensitivity, this can help improve liver functionality
- Buckwheat: an excellent source of manganese, which helps improve blood flow and clears toxins out of the liver
- Broccoli: increases the amount of glucosinolate, an essential enzyme that aids in liver function
- Cauliflower: studies have shown eating this not only helps cleanse the liver, but also prevents liver cancer.
- Lemons: because of the high acidic nature, this cleanses harmful toxins from the liver and the rest of the body
Eating these foods on a regular basis will ensure that your liver is cleansed. When you liver is cleansed, not only do you feel better and have more energy, there is a much smaller chance of contracting serious diseases or illnesses such as liver cancer.